The 5 tips for desktop workers are absolutely essential to maintain and good health and have a long innings professionally.
- Support your back and promote comfortable leg postures:Use a chair that supports your lower backAdjust your work surface and chair height to assume a comfortable and natural body postureClear away items from beneath your desk to allow comfortable leg positioning and movement.
Use a footrest if your feet do not rest comfortably on the floor.
- Minimize reaching and to promote comfortable shoulder and arm postures:
- Place your keyboard and mouse or trackball at the same height; these should be at about elbow level
- Place frequently used items comfortably within arm’s reach
- Keep your wrists straight while typing and while using a mouse or trackball. Avoid bending your wrists up, down or to the sides
- Minimize neck bending and twisting:
- Position the top of the screen near eye level
- Centre your monitor in front of you.
- Consider using a document holder to position your documents near eye level.
- Reduce the effects of low-impact forces on your body
- Type with a light touch, keeping your hands and fingers relaxed, because it takes little effort to activate keyboard keys.
- Relax your arms and hands when you are not typing or using your mouse.
- Adjust your chair so the seat does not press into the back of your knees
- Vary your daily activities to work productively
- Plan your work and play so that you are not doing the same thing for extended periods of time
- Use different input devices, such as your mouse and keyboard, to accomplish the same task. For example, to perform a scrolling task, you can use the wheel on the mouse and the arrow keys on the keyboard.
- Stand up after every 25-30 minutes take a walk or perform stretching exercises involving one of the body parts.
Turacoz Healthcare Solutions strongly believes in wholesome life with a perfect personal and professional life balance with a healthy body and an energetic mind.