“It’s important that you understand that conflict is going to happen no matter what.” But conflict does not always have to be negative. When employees are able to challenge one another’s ideas in a supportive environment, new ideas are generated and fostered.
As a leader, you will have to handle different tasks in order to make sure your work functions smoothly, and one of the most challenging responsibilities is conflict resolution. Conflict is unavoidable in any workplace. Regardless of why tensions arise, the issues must be addressed through decisive leadership. Effective leadership is not about making certain fights never occur, they will. It’s all about resolution.
No matter how hard you try to avoid misunderstandings and clashes between your workers, employee conflict will occur in some or the other way. Conflicts at workplace can arise due to various reasons. Some of them are listed below:
Conflict arises because individuals:
- Have different point of view
- Communicate to one another differently
- Spend large amount of time together
- Depend on one another to “get the job done”
- Have established internal expectations of one another that are not communicated and then not met
General Rules to Follow
- Be open minded
- Consult company manual
- Give the other person the benefit of the doubt
- Respect differences
- Catch the conflict early
- Listen carefully
- Do not assume
- Do not say anything you will later regret
- Be sure the problem is resolved
- Understand that conflicts are inevitable and natural
- Resolve to address conflict quickly and appropriately
- Do suggest solutions yourself. It shows you're making an effort, and if you've assessed the conflict correctly, you may be able to solve the problem.
- Communicate and give the benefit of the doubt
- Listen to all sides
- Involve HR to mediate conflicts
- Interrupt others when they are speaking
- Disregard the feelings of others
- Allow emotions to take over the conversation
- Try to fix it yourself instead of evaluating the best method of resolution
- Afraid to take the matter to management.
Managers must learn to manage conflicts amongst their team members so that the business continues to run effectively, and objectives are met. Getting involved can create a faster and sometimes more effective solution so that the conflict does not fester and get out of control.
Turacoz Workforce Solutions believes in resolving any workplace conflict as soon as possible. Turacoz understands that any conflict stretched for longer can become a huge issue and result in unfavorable event. Turacoz Workforce Solutions is a medical staffing solutions firm which provides temporary to permanent hiring services to the seeking organizations in US & Canada region.
To know more about us and our services, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.orgFebruary 05, 2019 By Smita Soni